Basic Lighting & Materials
So for my project, I originally saw the ruined buildings and thought to go for something spooky. I also just like spooky things. So I took inspiration from Bloodborne's fishing hamlet and decided my colors for the lighting would be green primarily, with yellow for lights and a blue tint to shadows.
The problem is, is when I turned off my green tint I found that I liked this version as well. So now this an example of how colors and lighting changes a scene.
For this I mostly worked with post-processing to make the scene dark and moody and also colorful, keeping the sun disk out and expanding it to get a cooler effect. I used volumetric fog to create a low fog over the town and highlight some of the beams from the moon. I also created a material to add stars to the skybox, because I felt like an empty sky was a bit lacking, and also used it to add some shadows to the moon. In each of the houses I included blue crates and boxes, which match either version of the scene and could be used for breakable objects. Thanks to Christian I made a material instance to adjust the clouds more, and I think it worked out pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment